Vigil held in fatal WVC officer-involved shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Family and friends of a woman killed in an officer-involved shooting in November gathered to light candles in front of West Valley City Hall to honor her and hope for justice.
On Nov. 2, 21-year-old Danielle Willard was shot and killed by a West Valley City police officer outside the Lexington Park Apartments, located near 2292 West Lexington Park Drive (3700 South).
Officers have released little information about the shooting and Danielle’s family and friends are hoping for answers. Among the attendees at Sunday night’s candlelight vigil were Danielle’s parents.
“It’s just wonderful for the people who did come out for support for Danielle and it’s a very critical time for myself to come out and its the piece of the puzzle for closure,” said Fred Willard.
Those who attended are hoping to make the District Attorney’s Office aware that the case is not forgotten and they demand justice and information about Danielle’s death.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age