Icy road causes I-80 rollover
PARK CITY, Utah – Police say icy road conditions caused a rollover accident along Interstate 80 on Sunday.
Guy Hupe was driving on I-80 from Park City toward Salt Lake when he said he hit a patch of icy snow. Hupe says he immediately felt his car lose control.
Hupe’s car fishtailed and clipped the back of an SUV in the lane next to him. His car then spun across both lanes, then flipped and crashed into a barrier.
“I could see this wall coming into view and I knew I was gonna hit the wall. It looks pretty small when you’re inside a vehicle and I thought for sure i was going over the top of it. But the wall did its job and kept me on this side,” Hupe said.
Hupe says that when the car stopped, he was hanging sideways but his seat belt saved his life.
One passenger in the SUV was pregnant and was sent to the hospital as a precaution, but there were no serious injuries.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church