6 more miles of Mtn. View Corridor open Saturday
SALT LAKE CITY – Another 6 miles of the Mountain View Corridor opened in west Salt Lake County on Saturday.
UDOT opened nine miles of the expressway earlier this year and added another six from the Old Bingham Highway to 5400 South on Saturday.
The 15-mile expressway includes jogging and biking trails.
UDOT still has money to get the project to 4100 South. The eventual plan is to have a functioning west-side Salt Lake County freeway up to 1-80.
- Man shot, killed by police in Wyoming
- 'Complete destruction of neighborhoods, businesses' predicted in wake Midwest tornadoes
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS President Thomas S. Monson, dies at 85
- Family of Utah Army medic say he died giving aid to fellow soldier
- Wildlife officers trap bear in Provo neighborhood