Community members hold vigil for school shooting victims
OGDEN, Utah – Community members in Ogden held a candlelight vigil on Friday night in honor of the victims of a shooting in a Connecticut elementary school that killed 26 people, including 20 kids.
The vigil, held outside the Ogden Municipal Building, started at about 7 p.m. Community members met to share their thoughts and grieve together after the tragedy.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with them and we hope they can get through this.”
“As a parent you send your kids off to school and you give them a kiss and you don’t think that they may never come back.”
Organizers also collected some money that will be donated to the family of Emilie Parker one of the victims whose parents grew up in Ogden.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base