Majerus’ legacy honored at Huntsman Center
SALT LAKE CITY – Former Utah basketball coach Rick Majerus was honored at the Huntsman Center Wednesday night.
Majerus, who coached Utah from 1989 to 2004 and led the Runnin’ Utes to the national championship game in 1998, died of heart failure on Saturday night.
He was honored Wednesday night at the Huntsman Center with a moment of silence and video to remember the legendary coach before the Utah basketball game against Boise State.
Fans received patches in his honor and players will wear patches on their uniforms all season long in honor of Majerus’ legacy.
Later this season, Utah will retire a replica of Majerus’ sweater and hang it from the rafters.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say