Majerus’ legacy honored at Huntsman Center
SALT LAKE CITY – Former Utah basketball coach Rick Majerus was honored at the Huntsman Center Wednesday night.
Majerus, who coached Utah from 1989 to 2004 and led the Runnin’ Utes to the national championship game in 1998, died of heart failure on Saturday night.
He was honored Wednesday night at the Huntsman Center with a moment of silence and video to remember the legendary coach before the Utah basketball game against Boise State.
Fans received patches in his honor and players will wear patches on their uniforms all season long in honor of Majerus’ legacy.
Later this season, Utah will retire a replica of Majerus’ sweater and hang it from the rafters.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving