DUI suspected in fatal SR-202 crash
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah – A West Jordan man is dead after a rollover crash in Salt Lake County late Saturday night.
At around 11:45 p.m. Saturday, a Jeep Grand Cherokee was traveling southbound on SR-202 approaching the intersection of SR-201 when the 28-year-old driver of the vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in the road, causing the driver to lose control. The vehicle went off the road and rolled once.
The driver was wearing a seat belt and suffered minor injuries. He was treated at the scene.
The passenger, 22-year-old Joshua Wallace from West Jordan, was not wearing a seat belt and was partially ejected from the vehicle when it rolled. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and automobile homicide. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say