Shoppers excited for Trader Joe’s opening
SALT LAKE CITY — Trader Joe’s grocery store celebrated its grand opening in Salt Lake City on Friday.
Shoppers lined up to be first inside the store when it opened at 8 a.m. The store is located at 634 East 400 South in Salt Lake City.
At about noon, customers reported a 20 to 30 minute wait to get through the checkout line.
“Trader Joe’s is the best grocery store on the planet, it really is. Everything in the store is good prices, good quality,” said Liz Elliott, Trader Joe’s fanatic, who previously lived in California and said she shopped at the chain every week.
Elliott is among customers who are already familiar with the unique products offered by Trader Joe’s.
“My daughter is in North Carolina, and I would take an empty suitcase there to shop at Trader Joe’s, and fill it up and bring it here,” said Deborah Stevenson.
A favorite purchase of the day appeared to be “Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s.” One shopper purchased an entire basket of the product.
This is the first and only Trader Joe’s in Utah. Plans for future locations are unclear, but the company said they hope good things come from this store.
Trader Joe’s will be open every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., including Sundays.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving