Motivation guru Zig Ziglar dies at 86
By Alan Duke, CNN
(CNN) — Motivational speaker and author Zig Ziglar died Wednesday in Dallas “after a short bout with pneumonia,” his spokesman said. He was 86.
The self-described Undisputed King of Motivation was known for his seminars, which grew into large gatherings held in packed arenas.
Ziglar wrote more than two dozen books on salesmanship and motivation over the past five decades.
He was born Hilary Hinton Ziglar in Coffee County, Alabama. His family moved to Yazoo City, Mississippi, and later to New York City.
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic is slowly moving in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight