First Utah Trader Joe’s location opening Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — The first Utah Trader Joe’s grocery store is opening on Friday.
Crew members are busy stocking the shelves and training as the store at
634 East 400 South prepares to open.
“We’ve got great products, come down Friday and check us out,” said Rory Violette, Trader Joe’s store captain. One of Violette’s favorite products is the cookie butter.
The store will host a Hawaiian lei cutting ceremony on Friday to mark the stores opening. Throughout the day they will be giving out bags of groceries to lucky shoppers.
The store will open at 8 a.m.
Plans for future Trader Joe’s locations in Utah are unclear. The company says they hope the first location does well and hope good things come from this store.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory