One dead in Payson shooting
PAYSON, Utah – A body was found between a Quality Inn and Flying J truck stop in Payson late Friday night.
Payson Police Lt. Bill Wright says dispatchers received a call late Friday night reporting a body found between a Quality Inn and Flying J located near 830 North Main Street. Investigators found the body, identified as 28-year-old Jeff Vern Jensen from the Payson area, and later determined that he died of shotgun wounds.
At around the same time, officers pulled over a vehicle for traffic violations. When the suspect vehicle pulled over, the male driver got out of the car and ran. Police chased him on foot until he was arrested.
Stephan Sutton, 26, was charged with aggravated murder, aggravated robbery, evading police, obstruction of justice and interfering with an officer.
Chaelisa Nelson, 20, was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery and obstruction of justice.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Rock slide leaves 2 people dead inside house in Rockville
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- 2 dead after head-on collision near Axtell