Canyons Resort opens for ski season
Another of Utah’s many ski resorts is officially open for business.
Canyons Resort in Park City opened to an enthusiastic crowd Friday morning.
“Most of the Wasatch resorts are now open. We’re excited to join the party and we’re going to be open every day until mid-April now,” said Steve Pastorino, Canyons Resort.
Three lifts are open, leading to nine trails, mostly on the lower end of the mountain. It will take a lot more snowfall for the rest of the resort to open, but early snow and man-made snow were enough to get people started.
“Skiing’s a little slushy, a little hard, but I guess it’s what you can get for the first day. I like it, though. I can shred pretty hard,” said one skier who was at the resort Friday.
Canyons Resort is participating in a holiday food drive. Skiers and boarders are asked to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to 5,000 Utah families.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base