Wanted felon arrested after high-speed chase
MIDVALE, Utah – Police arrested a wanted felon on Monday after a high-speed chase in Midvale.
Unified Police say an officer pulled over wanted felon Kelly Bender and his wife. Police say Bender gave a fake name and, when asked to get out of his car, sped off in a red Chevy Blazer on I-215.
The chase ended in downtown Salt Lake City where police used a pit maneuver to stop the car, causing it to roll over.
Bender was arrested on 11 charges.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory