Suspect in custody after Provo officer-involved shooting
PROVO, Utah – Provo Police SWAT officers and Utah County Sheriff’s deputies were involved in a shooting on Monday evening.
At approximately 6:30 p.m., officers were serving a search warrant at a home at 454 South and 900 East.
When officers attempted to enter the apartment, they said someone inside the home opened fire. At least one deputy returned fire.
“There were probably around 10 or 11 police officers that were involved in the execution of the warrant,” said Lt. Matthew Siufanua, Provo Police Department.
Police arrested 20-year-old Alex J. Opmanis.
No one was injured in the shooting. Opmanis is in the Utah County Jail facing felony charges of attempted homicide.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"