Logan High band invited to play at Presidential Inauguration
LOGAN, Utah — Like typical high school students, they have a deadline looming and there is still a lot of work to be done.
The Logan High School Band is training especially hard after being voted to play at the Presidential Inauguration in Washington D.C. Jan 20.
“We’ve been up to our neck in rehearsals; we have a ton of music actually right now,” said trumpet player Caleb Smith. “Just so much music to go over it’s just kind of ridiculous.”
Two years ago the band won first place at a competition in Seattle. They really stood out to the festival company who ultimately invited the band to play at the presidential inauguration.
“How many people get to go sit there and actually and witness. I’ve seen it on TV, but never even dreamed of being there,” said band teacher Chris Rasmussen.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving