Man and rabbit injured in sword attack
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man was arrested Tuesday morning after police say he attacked and injured a man and his pet rabbit with a sword.
South Salt Lake Police said that the man invited the suspect, Jason Price, to stay at his home in South Salt Lake. The man told police that he woke at 5 a.m.to find Price trying to kill his pet rabbit with a decorative sword.
The victim confronted Price who allegedly turned and sliced the victim’s hand and fled the home.
Police later located Price several blocks away from the home and said he had blood on his hands. They said he was making comments about killing rabbits and cutting people’s fingers before they started questioning him.
Price is being charged with felony aggravated assault as well as a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty for the attacks.
Police said it appeared the rabbit was injured and had a “gimpy hop” after the attack.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory