Mom charged with child abuse; newborn suffered from drug withdrawal
Police have arrested a Summit County woman who is accused of giving birth to a drug addicted baby.
Shea Renee Sheeran, 27, was charged with child abuse.
Police said she gave birth to her baby boy on August 29 at the Park City Medical Center.
Prosecutors said the boy spent several weeks in intensive car, suffering from drug withdrawal.
According to court documents, Sheeran and the baby tested positive for controlled substances, including cocaine and opiates.
The boy is now with an adoptive family.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base