BYU routs Idaho Vandals, 52-13
PROVO, Utah — The BYU Cougars made it look easy by dominating the Idaho Vandals Saturday night with a 52-13 win. A good night especially for Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall who was coaching his 100th game.
Wide receiver Cody Hoffman caught three first-half touchdown passes, while freshman running back Jamaal Williams rushed for 104 yards and two touchdowns all within the first half.
BYU put 28 points on the board in the first quarter and scored on five of its first six possessions en route to a 42-7 lead at the half.
QB Riley Nelson was 19 of 31 passing for 236 yards and three touchdowns for the first half. He sat out the rest of the game.
With the win over Idaho, BYU is bowl eligible and is slated to face off against a Mountain West Conference team at the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego on Dec. 20.
With the win, BYU becomes bowl eligible and will face a team from the Mountain West Conference in the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 20 in San Diego. It will mark BYU’s eighth straight bowl appearance.
BYU goes in at six wins and four losses.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say