Nestle voluntarily recalls NESQUIK Chocolate Powder
SALT LAKE CITY – Nestle USA has voluntarily recalled some NESQUIK Chocolate Powder containers because of the possible presence of Salmonella.
The recall is limited to NESQUIK Chocolate Powder in the 10.9, 21.8 and 40.7 ounce canisters. No other varieties or sizes of NESQUIK powder are affected by the recall.
The voluntary recall comes after Nestle was notified that an ingredient supplier had issued a recall of some lots because of possible Salmonella presence.
The affected powder was produced during Oct. 2012 and will have an expiration date of BEST BEFORE Oct. 2014.
Consumers who have purchased affected powder should return it to the place of purchase for a full refund or contact Nestle Consumer Services at 800-628-7679.
The recall is limited to the following UPC Codes and Production Codes:
|Size||UPC Code||Production Codes|
|40.7 oz. Chocolate
|0 28000 68230 9||2282574810|
|21.8 oz. Chocolate
|0 28000 68090 9||2278574810|
|10.9 oz. Chocolate
|0 28000 67990 3||2278574810|
To locate the production code, consumers should look on the bottom of the canister, adjacent to the consumer expiration date.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving