Okla. mom fined $2,500 after son gets caught peeing in yard
OKLAHOMA – An Oklahoma mom was fined $2,500 after a police officer caught her son taking a potty break in their front yard.
3-year-old Dillan was caught by a Piedmont, Oklahoma, police officer pulling down his pants and urinating. Despite objections from his mom Ashley Warden, the officer cited Dillan for public urination and wrote a ticket for $2,500.
KWTV in Oklahoma City talked to Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein, who said the $2,500 ticket won’t have to be paid.
“There is no way on Earth that they’d have to pay $2,500 for that situation. Maximum fines are set by the state,” Oblein told KWTV. “There are other ways to resolve something like that”
Since the incident, Oblein has gone to the Wardens’ house to personally apologize and ensure that the ticket has been thrown out. The police department and mayor say the matter will be addressed with the ticketing officer.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving