Woman found dead after South Salt Lake shooting
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Police are calling the death of a woman a homicide after finding her body in an apartment early Sunday morning.
Police found the body of the 43-year-old woman after responding to reports of shots fired near 2400 South and 300 East in South Salt Lake at around 4 a.m. Sunday. They are investigating the incident as a homicide but don’t have a lot of information at this point.
Police say there were no witnesses and have no suspects so far. They spent hours on Sunday searching the home for evidence that might help solve the mystery, but nothing has been found so far.
“It is being treated as a homicide so the investigation will continue. We are taking all the proper steps so any evidence from the scene is not tainted. So we could use that in the future prosecution and conviction,” said South Salt Lake Police executive officer Gary Keller.
The medical examiner says the woman died from a single gunshot wound to the chest. The name of the victim hasn’t been released pending notification of family.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact South Salt Lake Police at 801-840-4000.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving