Ugly sweaters showcased in charity calendar
SALT LAKE CITY – A new calendar showcases some Utah men, but their wardrobe is unusual.
In this week’s Uniquely Utah, Todd Tanner meets with photographer Maiken Christensen and her “Sweater Boys” calendar.
“So I started this calendar about five years ago as a prize that I gave away at my annual ugly sweater party, the Sweater Soiree,” Christensen said. “But last year I decided to start selling them for charity because every year people would say ‘Where can I get one of these calendars, they’re so funny, where can I buy one?’”
The men dress in ugly, unusual and sometimes downright weird sweaters for the calendar. All proceeds from the calendar’s sales this year will go to the Andes Educational Fund, which is an organization that provides school supplies, reading glasses, food and other necessities.
For more information on the calendar, visit www.sweaterboys.com.
- Viral Video: 'Kiss The Girl In Real Life' filmed in Utah
- Authorities identify victim in Taylorsville homicide investigation
- Condition of DNA leaves questions unanswered in case of 7 dead infants
- Suspect in custody after SWAT situation in Ogden
- 2 sustain serious to critical injuries in 4-car crash, lane closures on Bangerter Highway