School evacuates because of suspicious smell
ROY, Utah — Students at Lakeview Elementary in Roy evacuated the building briefly Thursday morning.
There were reports of a mysterious smell at approximately 9:30 a.m. It was making students and faculty feel ill.
The Roy Fire Department responded and evacuated the school, moving the children and faculty to a nearby church.
“Command’s biggest decision was to get the kids out so we could determine what was going on,” said Chief Jason Poulsen, Roy Fire Department.
Chief Poulsen said they are not sure what caused the smell, although the weather may have been a factor.
No one was transported to the hospital and classes resumed by 11 a.m.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed