The Monsoon Is Back!
Monsoonal moisture streaming back into the state from the south will fuel showers & thunderstorms today. That’s pretty common in Utah during the summer. Even so, the word “monsoon” SOUNDS ominous. It might make you think of entire villages in South Asia being swept away by raging floods. It’s actually not all that dramatic. It just means a seasonal change in winds. It refers to an overall weather pattern and not individual storms. In fact, in parts of Asia, a winter monsoon ushers in seasonal cold, dry air. Our monsoon season will be winding down over the next few weeks.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church