Gas leak in Salt Lake neighborhood resolved

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALT LAKE CITY -- Residents in a Salt Lake CIty neighborhood were forced to evacuate their homes Monday morning after a gas leak.

Four homes on Crandall Avenue, near 1100 East, were placed under a mandatory evacuation around 9 a.m.

The leak happened when a gas line was stuck by construction works. People living the street reported they could smell gas in the air and in their homes.

Fire crews and representatives from Questar plugged the line quickly and residents were allowed back into their homes within about two hours.