Ogden house fire started in dryer

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A family and their pets escaped a burning home after their dryer caught fire on Sunday.  It happened about noon at 2464 B Avenue in Ogden.

Firefighters were able to put out the flames quickly.  A woman, her son and their pets were able to get out safely.

"It did do damage in the room in the basement where the dryer was located and we do have some heavy smoke damage throughout the house; particularly in the basement," said Ogden Fire Battalion Chief Steve Splinter.

Ogden fire investigators say the basement suffered about $10,000 in heavy smoke damage.