Boutique hosts prom dress giveaway
Dozens of high school girls had their pick of prom dresses on Saturday, for free.
Cotton Blossom Boutique in Holladay hosted the event, which also included hair and make-up services for the girls.
Emily Wong, from Skyline High, helped organize the free prom giveaway. Her inspiration came from Becca’s Closet, a national organization which provided formal attire to high school students who don’t have the money to buy them.
More than 100 dresses were collected from all across the valley.
“This makes me feel really happy that I have been able to have been helped, because I know wouldn’t have been able to afford all the expenses that I would have for prom,” said Stephanie Freeman, Hunter High student.
Watch the video clip to hear more from the organizers as well as girls who found their perfect dress.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight