Utah Red Rocks host first-ever Pac-12 Championship
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah Red Rocks hope to bounce back in the first-ever Pac-12 Championship at the Huntsman Center on Saturday night.
The Red Rocks spent most of the first half of this season atop the national rankings, but after a rough road streak and two straight losses, they dropped in the rankings and now sit at number 7 as the postseason begins.
Eight teams, six of which sit in the top 25 of the NCAA rankings, will be competing in two sessions on Friday, the afternoon session, beginning at 2 p.m., will feature Pac-12 seeds 5-8, and the evening session, beginning at 7 p.m., will features seeds 1-4.
Utah will host number 4 UCLA, number 8 Oregon State and number 11Stanford in the evening session of Saturday’s tournament. Number 17 Arizona, number 22 Washington, Arizona State and California will compete in the afternoon session.’
Utah is 3-1 in the Pac-12 this season. They lost a close match to UCLA in the season opener before defeating Arizona State, Stanford and Oregon State.
Utah will host
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving