La Caille Crème Brule French Toast (03.16.12)
by Brandon Howard, La Caille
- 4 Cups Half and Half
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- Pinch Salt
- ½ Vanilla bean or 1 table spoon of vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of a French baguette
To make the custard
In a bowl mix ½ cup sugar, two whole eggs, two egg yolks, pinch of salt, and vanilla bean cut in half and seed scraped out with the back of a knife. Mix until sugar is dissolved then mix half and half in to the egg and sugar.
Slice Baguette on an angel (Bias) to get long slices of bread. Lay sliced bread in the bottom of a baking dish and pour custard mix on top of the bread and let soak overnight in a refrigerator.
Pre heat oven to 300 F, when oven is hot place baking dish in the oven covered with foil and bake for 1 hour, then turn oven the high broiler.
In a bowl mix the other half of the sugar and the brown sugar. Sprinkle sugar mix over the baked French toasted the place the baking dish bake in the oven under the broiler to melt the sugar until it turns brown.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age